10. October 2012 12:57
As of the current release, 1.0.960, when installing RavenDB.Embedded your project's references would look something like this, not including your own references:
For 1.2.x, it looks like this:
This pleases me.
The main changes include:
- Raven now uses a dynamic logging abstraction. The RavenDB.Client and .Database projects no longer directly depend on NLog, but actually support NLog and Log4Net dynamically. All you have to do is reference either library and RavenDB will use it. The logging http endpoint is now per database.
- Newtonsoft.Json, a source of much grief amonst the current 1.0.x users, has been imported and internalized.
- Raven.Munin, Raven.Storage.Esent and Raven.Storage.Managed have been merged into Raven.Database.
- Raven.Backup and Raven.Smuggler... well they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
- The packages use the <references> element to explicitly define what should be referenced, so BouncyCastle.Crypto, Lucene.* etc will no longer be exposed to you.
- Raven.Studio.xap is embedded into Raven.Database, so it will no longer be added to your project. You can still deploy an updated xap which will override the embedded one, if you so wish.
- Raven.Client.Debug has been discontinued.
You can try these out in the next day or so by installing the unstable packages from nuget ( install-package RavenDB.Embedded -pre). Any feedback, please post to the google group.